Remedy For Gout: A Few Important and Useful Facts on Colchicine
Until a few days back, gouty arthritis was a disease that was common amongst people beyond the age group of 50 or so. However, it is quite an alarming fact that the health problems is spreading like a bonfire amongst the youth also. The prime reason leading to like a situation is the approach to life that man leads today. As we all know, gout is a result of the increase in the level of uric acid in human blood. This acid accumulates in the joints and form crystals, which have an inflammatory and painful effect on the affected portion. This kind of acid comes from the intake of junk food and meats items like mental performance and liver. Today's youth, is however dependent on such food items rather than normal eating plans. However, it is not tough to get rid of this disease. Generic Colchicine is the miracle drug that can eradicate gout looking at the roots. let us know a few facts about it.
Some Precautionary Measures
Just like any other drug, Colchicine also has its own side effects. However, one can rest assured that most of these side effects aren't very serious and can be cured gradually. One would need to stick to a few precautionary methods, while consuming Colchicine. A pregnant woman should never be treated with this kind of drug. It could have a very adverse effect on the fetus.
- Patients who took pegloticase had more serious adverse side effects than those who took the placebo.
- This may limit the convenience of the drug to more severe cases.
- Gout-friendly diet is one that includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and only a portion of meat, oily fish and chicken meat.
- This is the basic gout diet.
- Fad diet programs highly publicized in magazines and books as the latest wonders should not be gobbled up also easily.
- Again, different strokes for different folks.
- Allopurinol is a medicine that reduces the metabolism of uric acid from purines.
- It is effective but provides much potential toxicity.
Some Cancer Drugs
Pyrazinamide, a drug used to treat tuberculosis Symptoms of gout usually occur suddenly and often commence at night. The big toe joint is a favorite target. However, other joints such as the feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists can be affected. The joint(s) become red, hot and swollen. The pain can be intense.
Moreover, people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases, cardiac problems or those who are hypersensitive to these drugs should stay away from Colchicine.
- Aubergines or eggplants, tomatoes and red peppers can cause gout attacks.
- There is no general evidence in support of this.
- Although some people may have experienced gout attacks to be able to these foods as an allergic reaction but only in isolated or rare cases.
Medicines that can cause gout include: Fluid pills used to treat high blood pressure Niacin (a B-complex vitamin) Low doses of aspirin Cyclosporine, a drug used to stop the body from rejecting a new organ after transplant surgery
- There can be a great divide in the way men and women communicate, which includes listening," said Mr.
- Elsafy. "Many times, just listening can lead to the ability to create an environment that offers more support and awareness."
- The patients who were primarily men with an average age of 55 years, had a significantly better response to pegloticase than to placebo.
- Also, more of the patients who took the drug had a lot more complete resolution of tophi.
- The patients who took pegloticase also noticed improved physical function.
As a rule, home remedies for gout are not discouraged because there are some cases that they were reliable. However, medical researchers have a reason to believe that the physiology of certain individuals contribute largely in creating a positive or negative response to these home remedies for gout.
- Patients should maintain proper weight.
- Other co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes should be treated.
New drug, febuxostat (Uloric) is the first new treatment option to be approved by the FDA in more than four decades. The FDA approved the drug in 40 mg. and 80 mg. strengths. Takeda, the company that developed the drug, initially requested approval for 80 mg. and 120 mg versions, but the agency has been concerned about possible cardiovascular side effects stemming from the higher doses.
- Green lipped mussels and seaweeds can be beneficial as gout remedies.
- This might be true in isolated cases but not as a general treatment, since there is no medical evidence to support this.
How to Treat
When you are having an acute gout attack, you would need to start with a tablet of 1.0 or perhaps 1.2 mg first and later at regular intervals of an hour or two, a tablet of 0.5 to 0.6 mgs is to be taken. This must continue right up until complete relief is achieved. However, if a point is reached when you are affected by diarrhea, the intake of the drug must be stopped.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of natural remedies and gout treatment. Know how you can have instant gout relief using proven natural home remedies, all without needing harmful medications or perhaps drugs. Visit his site now at http://www.goutremoval.com.
Has been well-documented that in some jobs, people actually spend more time with co-workers than they do their particular actual family in a given week," said Mr. Elsafy. "This closeness and bond that develops among co-workers could continue to areas such as helping others in a variety of life situations just like having arthritis."
- Fallacies Eating citrus fruits can cause gout attacks.
- Food substances have different types of acid, for this reason, there is no medical support to the claim that citrus acid triggers gout attacks.
Flexcin conducted a national survey throughout April to be able to find out how aware a person's support network will be when they have arthritis.
Cider Vinegar, Selenium, and Molasses are Also Effective Gout Remedies
The results of these remedies have been touted as placebo effects or mind over matter outcomes. They have also been cited as causes for allergy symptoms, hence it is not generally recommended as gout remedy.
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains soothing herbs created to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this unique gout formula. Decreasing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been proven to eliminate the flare-ups related to gout.
More Details about This Product »
- Not treated, a gout attack can last for days or even weeks.
- With an increase of attacks, more joint parts can become affected, and the attacks will go longer.
- Again, different people have different responses to different foods.
- Beside, you should not discount the fact that tomatoes are beneficial as a good source of Vitamin c, which helps lessen uric acid crystallization.
- Forms The 0.5 and 0.6 milligrams tablets of Colchicine are usually the most popular forms.
- However, the intravenous forms are also available, but aren't in much use as this form will have serious toxic effects on the individual.
- So much has been said and written about home remedies for gout, it may often lead people into confusion as to what is true and what is not.
- Let us tackle some matters about gout and separate each fact from the fallacy:
Affecting more than 50 million Americans, arthritis is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Clearly, arthritis is a problem for many individuals living with numerous forms of the disease, such as gout, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid osteoarthritis, Psoriatic osteoarthritis, etc. With May serving as 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month, there is heightened awareness on the issues surrounding arthritis.
Gout Home Remedies - Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout
http://www.causes-of-gout.com Gout Home Remedies - Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout.. Learn how to get rid of gout with apple cider vinegar.
When you take all of this into account, that 50 million number is easily multiplied several times over," said Tamer Elsafy, CEO and founder of Flexcin. "In fact, it would probably be very difficult to find someone who doesn't know one individual that has some form of arthritis."
- Andrew Greens is one of the most proficient creators on gouty arthritis, and also the drug that cures it, i.e.
- Generic Colchicine.
- This individual suggests his / her readers to visit BlueSkyDrugs.com/Product/Colcrys for further information.
- Gout is more common in people who are overweight, drink excessive amounts of alcohol or who have high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Guys develop gout more often than women.
- Women are more likely to develop gout after menopause.
- Gout also tends to run in families.
History The meadow salfron and the autumn crocus are the common names of Colchicum autumnale, whose seeds are usually dried to derive Colchicine from them. Its use dates back to the 1800s i.e. 1810. Colchicum is basically a great alkaloid.
Uloric works by blocking an enzyme called xanthine oxidase, which helps prevent uric acid production, lowering increased uric acid levels.
Co-Workers More Supportive Than Family
Another interesting aspect of the 2011 Arthritis Recognition survey was to determine the level of support and awareness provided by various groups of people, including spouses, family members, household members and co-workers. The majority of survey participants believe that co-workers give more support and awareness compared with other family members. More than half (56.3%) said they feel co-workers offer a higher level of support and total awareness compared to that of family members.
The patients were randomly assigned to receive six months of intravenous treatment with either pegloticase or a placebo. One group of patients received 8 milligrams of pegloticase every two weeks, another group received 8 milligrams of pegloticase each four weeks, and a third group obtained the placebo.
Losing Weight Will Make a Gout Sufferer Control His or Her Gout Attacks Better
Losing weight means lessening the pressure on your own joints while suffering from gout pains. Losing weight may also mean that the levels of your uric acid may have gone down. Still, losing weight does not mean you are costfree from gout and may still experience gout attacks from time to time.
Can be Used for Chronic Gout
Those who experience gout attack, only once or so a year, can do with consuming just a single 0.5 or 0.6 mg tablet three times or four times on a weekly basis. However, if the attacks are more frequent, you would need to the drug is to be taken daily. Thus, the frequency of the drug intake would go up with the severity of the condition.
The drug pegloticase (Puricase) may help gout patients who've had no luck with other treatments, according to researchers who studied 212 patients who had run out of treatment options.
- Facts: There are no definite home cures for gout to prevent gout aches and pains from recurring.
- No matter how many people claim that and that home remedy took away their gout pains for good, this is not at all true.
- Different cures have different effects on different people.
- This is one reason why until now, there still is no particular cure for gout and gout pains.
Flexcin International, which makes CM8-based degenerative joint supplements for people and pets, is constantly working with many of these people to help make their lives better. As part of being a proceeds sponsor 0f the Arthritis Foundation, and in preparation for Arthritis Awareness Month in May, Flexcin was curious to know the level of awareness and support from all the people who touch someone living with arthritis.
- Not a Painkiller It should be used only to treat gouty arthritis and not any other form of inflammation or pain.
- It is not a painkiller; neither can it completely eliminate uric acid from the body.
The second group of medicines could lower the amount of uric acid in the blood and also reduce the amount of uric acid in the joints and kidneys.
Patients Should be Counseled to Avoid Alcohol and Foods that are High in Purines
Medicines can prevent future gout attacks. Medicines are divided into two groups. Non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and also colchicines are drugs that can abort a severe strike. They don't lower the amount of uric acid in the system.
Flexcin believes a strong support community can significantly help a person coping with degenerative joints," added Mr. Elsafy. "It's important for other people to be aware of specific issues arthritis sufferers deal with on a day-to-day basis to increase the amount of support offered."
- Gout is a form of arthritis due to the buildup of uric acid crystals in more than one joints.
- Uric acid is a byproduct that is produced when certain foods containing purines are usually metabolized.
- Although uric acid normally is excreted through the kidneys into the urine, people who have gout have an accumulation of uric acid in the joints.
- This causes a great inflammatory reaction leading to pain and swelling in the affected joints.
Oily Fish Have Better Benefits Than Other Meat Products
Eating oily fish like sardines, sardines, kippers, mackerel, pilchards and tuna twice in a week but only in small portions, help alleviate gout swelling. This is due to the fact that oily fish and cod liver oil contain omega 3 fatty acids which has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Who Participated in the Questionnaire
During the 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month survey in April, approximately 1,350 people living with some form of osteoarthritis or joint pain problems participated in the online survey. Respondents came from all over the country, including California, New York, California, Illinois, Texas, and many other states. This is a breakdown of the type of arthritis respondents said they have:
Level of Awareness in the Household
Spouses and family members play an integral role in helping people with arthritis get through each day. Sometimes, just being aware and sensitive to the fact that a person is dealing with a painful bout of arthritis can make a significant difference in their quality of life on a particular day. In the survey, 67.4% of respondents said other members of the household should never be aware of their arthritis, or just sometimes mindful. Also, 64.4% of respondents said others in the household never take an interest in their daily issues with arthritis, or perhaps every now and then. This could take the form of asking questions to learn more or be more aware, reading on how it is like to have arthritis, or generally making a person's life easier through modify.
Other Joint Pain: 11.9%
Women Receive Less Support Than Men Through the responses, the most important and notable item was feedback received from women and men who feel they receive a different level of support and also awareness from each other. The majority of women (78.3%) said they feel like they get very little support when it comes to general awareness of issues involving their arthritis. Conversely, most men said they are satisfied with the level of support and awareness they receive (65.6%) coming from family.
Arthritis, Osteoarthritis arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis: 65.2% Rheumatoid arthritis: 19.6% Gout or pseudogout: 3.3%
Chrisanne is a Marketing Director At Flexcin International, Inc
Flexcin & FlexPet are all-natural Joint Health supplements. The primary component of Flexcin & FlexPet is CM8, which relieves shared discomfort at its source, lowers inflammation and irritation of the joints and tissues. It has been helpful for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sporting activities injuries and fibromyalgia.
But in looking at the bigger picture, arthritis has an effect on a much larger population of people. Consider all the spouses, siblings, children, partners, neighbors, co-workers, friends and other extended family members who all share a part in aiding, helping or simply supporting someone living with arthritis.
Gout Attacks Continue for Several Years, a Patient May Develop Tophi
These are uric acid crystals that type lumps under the skin. Tophi usually occur on the toes, fingers, hands and also elbows. A patient may also create kidney disease or kidney stones from uric acid crystals that collect in the urinary tract.
Clinical tests aim to go to home remedies for gout that will produce benefits to a great number of people, who are more or less in the same levels of body condition and metabolic compositions.
- Uloric was looked at in clinical trials involving more than 4,000 people.
- The most common side effects reported were liver function abnormalities, nausea, joint pain and rash.
The 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month survey was open to anyone suffering from any form of arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus or other joint-related pain, illness or disability. The purpose was to get a better picture of what type of support people receive while they are handling the disease. Results from the twelve-question questionnaire may help paint a picture between men and women coping with arthritis, and the level of support they receive on any given day. Flexcin will also use the results to build additional awareness for arthritis and joint-pain related issues.
According to the Arthritis Foundation:
Today, one in five Americans is living with the pain of arthritis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects that by the year 2030, an estimated 67 million people in the U.S. will be affected by arthritis, up from current estimates of 50 million. Even more alarming is the fact that the prevalence of osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis, continues to rise even though it can often be prevented by staying active through pleasurable physical activities such as walking.
The combination of physical attributes and innate compositions differ from one person to another, hence some people may react differently for each type of treatment.
- Pegloticase was successful in treating 40 percent of patients.
- Successful treatment was defined as having uric acid readings within the normal range at least 80 percent of the time in months three and six.
- Xanthine oxidase is the same enzyme that allopurionol works on but Uloric apparently has many fewer side effects.
- In several clinical trials, febuxostat was more effective than both placebo and allopurinol.
- An increased risk for gout comes with eating foods rich in purines.
- Examples are: salmon, sardines, organ meats, asparagus, mushrooms and herring.
- Probenicid is a drug that causes an individual to urinate out more uric acid.
- It is effective in younger patients who producce normal numbers of uric acid in the urine and who have normal kidney function.
Nathan Wei, MD FACP FACR is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist. For more info: Arthritis" http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/arthritis-treatment.html" Arthritis Treatment and Tendonitis Treatment Tips.