Purines And Gout: Healthy Eating Tips for Healthy living in 2005
Healthy Eating for Healthy living in 2005 Eating healthy is fast becoming a way of life. American's are living longer, however, the goal of many is not to simply live longer, the goal it is to live a longer and healthier life. Simple everyday fruit can help.
Blueberries ' Nature's Top Antioxidant Fruit:
Blueberries emerged as the top antioxidant capacity fruit in a laboratory testing procedure called ORAC - Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity developed by the USDA*. ORAC has become the definitive measurement of antioxidant capacity. James Joseph, Ph.D, Chief of the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging in Boston, is working with blueberries to examine their potential to help improve motor skills and reverse the short-term memory loss that comes with aging. "The blueberry has emerged as a very powerful food in the aging battle," said Joseph. "Given the possibility that blueberries may reverse short-term memory loss and forestall other effects of aging, their own potential may be very great."
Recent studies have indicated that the antioxidants in fruit provide a whole host of health benefits: the anti-aging power of blueberries and the joint pain relieving properties found in cherries to name a few.
About the Author:None
Strawberries: Studies have shown that strawberries can help promote a healthy digestive system and help lower blood cholesterol. A handful of strawberries can go a long way to a helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Cherries ' the Supercharged Fruit:
Are cherries truly fruit for a healthy you? Recent studies have revealed that cherries offer an assortment of health benefits including the ability to offer natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
Traverse Bay Farms sells Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules, cherry juice concentrate and a variety of dried fruit products including: cherries, blueberries, red raspberries, bananas. The company may be contact for additional information or interviews at 1-877-746-7477 or www.traversebayfarms.com.
Vitamins A, D, E and K stay in the body as they are stored in the liver. The information contained in this article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to medically diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Consult a health care practitioner before beginning any health care program.
Terry Johnson, a resident of Grand Rapids, Michigan, munchies on dried blueberries for the convenience and taste. 'I work behind a computer for eight hours a day and I like to snack. I began eating dried blueberries instead of a candy bar from the vending machine. Now I feel good when I snack because I am eating fruit instead of candy.'
- Vitamin C - This vitamin acts as an anti-inflammatory, relieving pain, and rids the body of free radicals.
- Vitamin E ' This is a strong antioxidant that protects joints from free radicals while increases joint flexibility.
- You do take arthritis vitamins, then please make sure they are of the highest quality and they are not largely made up of 'fillers'.
- These vitamins need to be taken on a daily basis to become effective.
- You can certainly ask your doctor about taking them if you are on medication but usually they do not interfere.
- Now onto vitamin c, which is available everywhere as a supplement as well as being in almost all fruits and veggies.
- This is great as far as anti-inflammatory purposes are concerned and thus very effective with this disease.
- Also, if you have rheumatoid arthritis, this powerful antioxidant destroys free radicals which can be a cause of the disease in the first place.
Vitamin K ' this Vitamin Assists With Mineral Deposit Into the Bone Matrix.
Linda L. Patterson is a living testimony of the soothing affects of cherries on her joint pain. 'I enjoy crocheting and lately my hands have been so painful, I could not crochet for more than about 30 minutes.', says Patterson. In an attempt to find relief from her pain, she located Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules, www.fruitadvantage.com) a supplement made from red tart cherries. 'Within the first week of taking the tart cherry capsules my hands felt so much better.', says Ms. Patterson. 'I am now able to crochet with no pain in my hands.'
- Vitamin B6 ' Another B that reduces tissue swelling.
- Vitamin B12 ' This vitamin aids in multiple functions.
- It helps with cell formation, digestion, myelin production, nerve protection.
According to Jennifer LaPointe, Director of Marketing for Traverse Bay Farms, www.traversebayfarms.com 'many of our customers are looking to eat healthier and our gourmet fruit product fit this trend. It's certainly better than fast food.'
Sample Diet Plan For Gout (high uric acid)
High uric acid levels of gout is an extremely painful condition of joints (especially big toe). The diet (low in purine) has a major role in preventing uric acid buildup ...
Vitamin E, on the other hand, is good for increasing the mobility of your joints, which again is very necessary if you have arthritis.
- Vitamins combine with enzymes involved with tissue repair, cell production and our metabolism.
- There are two types of vitamins:
Now we have to determine which vitamins are the best to take if you have arthritis in any form. Well, the B group vitamins are great because they diminish swelling. Vitamin B3, for example not only reduces tissue swelling bu increases blood flow and dilates the small arteries. Then there are B5 and B6 which is also good at reducing inflammation and B12 which is responsible for brand new cell growth, which is so impotant as it can certainly reverse the damage originally done by the particular arthritis. So make sure you have a standard good B vitamin intake which include all of the above. It's important to keep in mind that if you have liver issues, gout or high blood pressure, you should not take the B vitamins.
You choose to leave the symptoms untreated, you are sure to begin the next stage of gout which is when the urate crystals form under the skin to cause tophi. Tophi is when the joint becomes swollen, inflamed and tender. You are what you eat certainly applies to those who have gout. There are certain foods that you must strictly avoid if you have this unpleasant condition. A gout natural remedy that works well for many people is a shift in their diets. You ought to experiment to see if this works for you by cutting out one product at the same time. To begin with stop eating meat for a week or two to see if that makes a difference. Other foods that can trigger a gout surface include things like alcohol and foods that are high in fat.
About the author:Emily Clark is editor at Arthritis HealthNews, where arthritis sufferers can find the most up-to-date advice and information to assist in improving their quality of life.
The following list of vitamins are known to be especially beneficial to arthritis sufferers: Vitamin B5 ' When grouped and tanked together, B vitamins work at their peak. They, and B5 specifically, are good for reducing swelling.
- The multitudes of health components found in fruit are truly a gift from Mother nature.
- Here are a few everyday fruits for healthy living in 2005:
- Further investigations revealed that daily consumption of cherries has the potential to reduce the pain associated with joint inflammation.
- Many are choosing to drink cherry juice, eat cherries or consume tart cherry pills for relief of gout, arthritis and joint pain.
- Deficiency of vitamins can lead to a variety of health problems, including some forms of arthritis.
- These organic nutrients are normal sourced through our intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Due to the following factors, it is not always possible to get our recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamins:
You Have Any Form of Arthritis, Vitamins can Help You to Cope With this Chronic Disease
This is even moreso the case if you have poor eating habits. Also it is often advised that arthritis sufferers refrain from eating certain fruits and vegetables. However, they can now obtain the vitamins from the 'forbidden' fruits and vegetables in the form of supplements.
- Vitamin B3 ' This vitamin reduces tissue swelling and dilates small arteries, increasing blood flow.
- Note that Vitamin B3 is NOT advised for persons with high blood pressure, gout or sliver disorders.
These vitamins ( B and C complex ) are not not stored in our body organs and usually pass through our bodies very quickly, in the form of urine. It is therefore important to have regular daily intakes of these vitamins.
The Wonder of the Cherry is the Anthocyanins
According to research from Michigan State University tart cherries contain anthocyanins and bioflavonoids, which inhibit the enzymes Cyclooxygenase-1 and -2, and prevent inflammation in the body. These compounds have similar activity as aspirin, naproxen and ibuprofen.
You can find more information about arthritis vitamins online but it is a good idea to visit your local health food store as they will not only give you good advice but will be able to show you which products are best for your circumstances.
Poor soil quality 2) Modern processing methods 3) Popularity of 'Junk' foods As an alternative to getting your RDA through diet, many people now take vitamin supplements.
Gout natural remedies are much sought after by gout sufferers who aren't happy with their mainstream drug-based gout remedies and recurring gout attacks. Gout natural remedies are safe and easy to use because these natural gout cures use every-day things you find at your grocery store. Listed here are 7 widely used natural gout curesGout is the most painful type of arthritis and may be naturally treated with a gout natural remedy but most doctors either don't know about the actual remedy or have never been taught it. Though doctors and medicines have helped millions, there are many times that your system can naturally cure itself when given the right means to do so. And this disease can be cured naturally with your diet and lifestyle habits.
Gout Natural Remedies are Often Times More Effective Than Commercial Medications
Additionally, most have either no side effects at all, or very few which are mild. Obviously, the best thing to do would be to prevent gout occurrences as much as possible. However, the proverbial "apple a day" doesn't always keep that doctor away. Look for the following gout natural remedies in just about any grocery store! Let me explain you a sure chance gout natural remedy which will decrease your own suffering fast. Diet plays an important role in controlling the signs caused by this disease and its severity. In the event you maintain a balanced diet you can find a difference in your condition. People who are suffering from gout often are seen to be having purine rich food substances in their diet. Prevent the intake of purine in your daily diet as it can aggravate the symptoms caused due to gout.
- The problem occurs because most people do not realize what triggers gout (like the foods we eat and sometimes an inactive lifestyle).
- And unfortunately, traditional medicine has yet to declare a medical remedy.
- Though many doctors and researchers agree that you can cure gout with a healthier lifestyle which will flush the gout-causing uric acid.
- And you may even lose 20 lbs in the process!
- If you would like the 30+ other ways to be able to cure gout, please visit us today regarding our stepbystep remedies.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.