Honey Uric Acid: Natural Gout Remedies (Like Apple Cider Vinegar)
Natural Gout Remedies There a wide range of natural gout remedies, like apple cider vinegar, available to you. Just too many to talk about here. But what I have done is to list 5 effective natural gout remedies that you can try at home, in order to start off with. Yes, and I've incorporated apple cider vinegar!
Gouty Arthritis can be Visualize about X-Rays After Several Attacks
The bone adjacent to the joint becomes eroded with a characteristic punched out lesion referred to as a Martel's Sign or 'rat bite sign'. The erosion is very distinctive and represents a pocket of gouty tophi. Tophi are the accumulation of monosodium uric acid crystals. Tophi are often found in joints but may also be found at extensor surface (back) of the elbow, the rim of the ear and at the back of the heel. When viewed surgically, tophi appear to have the same consistency of cottage cheese.
- Many people don't know about this kind of natural gout remedy.
- Alternating hot and cold can help to reduce pain and swelling and to help break-up crystals in the joints.
A recent study conducted at the Boston University School of Medicine, it was found that consuming cherries could prevent gout attacks. The study has been conducted on 633 individuals who suffer from gout. They were asked to consume about 20 cherries daily. It has long been believed that cherries help in keeping inflammatory conditions associated with arthritis in check. For decades, many gout sufferers have been eating cherries as part of their daily diet so that you can help them ease the symptoms of systemic gout flare-ups and to prevent it.
Use a very hot compress for 3 minutes then a cold for 30 seconds. Always finish on cold. Celery Seeds These have great anti-inflammatory properties and so can be a very effective natural gout remedy, as lots of sufferers can testify in order to.
Gout Treatment: Bee Sting Venom
Bee Stings and Bee Venom as a Gout Treatment. http://www.acutegouttreatment.com Are you looking for alternative medical treatments for your gout? Do you ...
- As you probably already know just your gout is caused by uric acid crystals that have formed in your joint(s).
- And you probably also know that these are formed when you have relatively high levels of uric acid in your blood.
- Dissolving gout crystals won't require drugs, you can dissolve them naturally.
- Here, you'll discover a secret way to get rid of gout crystals using a simple grocery product.
Vitamin C Studies have shown that vitamin C can help your kidneys excrete uric acid more efficiently and also help to actually lower uric acid levels. This is why it's like an effective natural gout remedy.
- So there you have 5 natural gout remedies; apple cider vinegar, hot and cold compresses, celery seeds, vitamin c, and, B complex.
- Try them where appropriate and see the method that you get on.
And you also need to be aware that recurring gout can, in time, leave you with kidney problems, high blood pressure, and even permanently damaged joints. Plus, when you have had even one attack, you're now highly likely to have more.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is often a very popular natural gout remedy. When taken as a drink, apple cider vinegar works by altering body pH to help alleviate high uric acid levels in the blood.2 to 3teaspoons in a large glass of water x 3 times daily.
Another reason is that aside from its anti-inflammatory properties, it also reduces the uric acid levels in the body, which is one of the major causes of gout. High uric acid levels cause the formation of crystal deposits in the joints, bringing on the pain associated with the disease.
For more information on how to get fast gout pain relief, plus, prevent your gout returning in the future, then go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com and find out how you can quickly do both without expensive drugs with their horrible side effects.
More particularly, the study concluded that having 2 servings of cherry within the past 48 hours will lower the risk of a gout flare-up by as much as 50%. Now that is what scientists call a significant result. Using any amount of cherries or even the extract of cherries within the same period of 48 hours will lower the risk of recurring gout flare-ups by 40%.
Chris Randon is a nutritional expert specialized in human health, and is based in Los angeles, Carlifornia.
Long Term Difficulty With Recurring Gout
The other thingto be aware of though, is that there are many other issues that you need to address in order to successfully prevent your gout returning time and time again. Things such as diet, weight, lifestyle issues, etc.
And So to Mainstream Medical Treatment
There are drugs to reduce inflammation as well as lowering pain that do that very well. But they don't dissolve gout crystals. However, there are other drugs that, while they cannot actually 'dissolve' crystals, can reduce uric acid levels in your blood.
The study set out to find if there is virtually any truth in this age old believe and found that by eating approximately 20 cherries (1 cup or 2 servings) every day, gout patients can cut the risk of experiencing gout attacks.
- So, what's this 'secret' natural remedy for dissolving gout crystals?
- It really is baking soda.
- Yes, the baking soda you may well have in a kitchen cupboard can dissolve your uric acid crystals.
Example - As children, we would make our own rock candy. We'd get a pot of water and begin to heat it on the stove. As the water warmed, we'd add sugar. The hotter the water became, the more sugar we could break up. When the water was close to a boil and saturated with sugar, we would remove it from the heat and allow the sugar to crystallize on a string as the water cooled.
Heavy red meats such as sausage liver, kidney, language, heart and additional foods including nuts, alcoholic beverages, Dairy products including milk, ice cream and cottage cheese.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, especially oranges, tangerines, etc., and you can also take it in supplemental form.
- Don't take too much although, because any kind of abrupt change in uric acid can actually trigger a gout attack.
- The above remedy has been shown to be effective, yet, is really only of use during an attack.
- You really don't want to be taking it once the attack has abated and the crystals have been dissolved.
- It has too much salt for that.
- But did you know that uric acid is actually a byproduct of the metabolizing process that goes on in your body?
- Cells in your body have chemical compounds called 'purines' that produce uric acid.
- But purines also occur in your food, which is important, as you'll see below.
- Gout is considered a form of crystal deposition arthritis, and so the name, gouty arthritis.
- Uric acid, a chemical that is found in the serum component of our blood, is the key to understanding gout.
- Excessively high levels of uric acid lead to the deposition of monosodium urate crystals into joints and certain subcutaneous spaces in the body.
- To understand the way that acute gouty attacks occur, let's use a simple example;
- Important: Never take more than the equivalent of 4 teaspoons of baking soda in a 24 hour period.
- And, since it is very high in sodium, change to a low-sodium diet and stop putting salt on or in your food.
- Plus, if you suffer from high blood pressure, see your doctor for their advice before trying this remedy.
Differential Diagnosis: The differential diagnosis for this condition should include;- fracture osteoarthritis infection of the shared rheumatic fever
Treatment of Gout and Gouty Arthritis
The most significant thought in treatment is the frequency of attacks. Frequent attacks (more than one a year) will result in progressive erosion of the joint, leading to painful longterm arthritis. Isolated attacks (less that one a year) lead to small destruction of the joint. The frequency of gouty attacks determines whether treatment is merely for each attack, or whether daily medication should be taken to lower levels of serum uric acid.
Treatment of persistent attacks includes the modifications in diet as previously discussed and the use of Allopurinal, an inhibitor of uric acid synthesis. Probenecid and sulfinpyrazone are also used to increase the output of uric acid by the kidney. Dosing and combination therapy depends upon the level of serum uric acid which is calculated periodically throughout therapy. Individuals prone to gouty attacks should also maintain a high fluid intake to promote the excretion of uric acid and decrease the tendency to form uric acid stones in the kidney and bladder.
How is Gout Diagnosed? - The 4 Diagnosis Procedures If you even think there is a chance you have gout, it is crucial to your future health that you will get a proper diagnosis early on so you can learn to be able to take control of your gout signs and symptoms.There are 4 diagnosis procedures to...
First though, before we know how to get rid of gout crystals naturally, it's probably best if we consider the cause of gout, and, why you may not want to use drug-based treatments in order to cure your gout.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds to 2 cups of water and also boil until the seeds are soft.
- Strain off the seeds and drink 1/2 cup of the 'tea' 4 times a day.
About the Researcher
Joe McArthur has been doing extensive research about gout therapy. His lifelong research on finding ways and means to cure gout is found at http://gouttreatmentblog.net/.
- High numbers of uric acid result from high levels of intake or low levels of excretion of purines.
- The inability to metabolize purines may be inherited or acquired.
- Purines are protein components in foods which are simply commonly in the following foods;
- Those who have suffered from gout can testify to the fact that it is one of the most painful conditions imaginable.
- For those who have not suffered from gout yet, pray that it does not happen to you.
- But for both those who know and those who don't there is some good news.
- Researchers found that cherries can be one of the best gout treatments available to you.
- The research showed that cherries can certainly help alleviate the pain associated with gout attacks.
- According to one of the researchers, Yuqing Zhang, MD, one serving of cherries alone did not provide longer term help.
- Be all you need to say, individuals who ate only 1 serving of cherries (approximately 10 cherries) were not able to experience the positive effects.
- But more and more gout victims find themselves being attracted to natural remedies for gout that can do everything that drugs can do.
- And without the horrible side effects of those drugs.
- Treatment of acute attacks includes the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Indocin or Clinoril.
- Control of pain may require a mild narcotic such as codeine.
- Other treatment may include Colchicine which yields extraordinary results but carries severe side effects which include nausea and severe diarrhea.
- Colchicine is dosed once every two hours until the desired (or undesired) effects are achieved.
Individuals Who Have Had Serious Gouty Attacks Should Limit Their Intake of These Foods
This does not mean that they need to completely eliminate all of them from their diets, but rather consume them with small amounts. The serum level of uric acid is also significantly influenced by the ability of the kidney to excrete uric acid. Factors that influence normal renal function may result in limited excretion of uric acid. These factors include the use of thiazide diuretic therapy and renal failure. Other factors that may contribute to the onset of gout include the stress of surgery, emotional tension, tiredness, infection or the use of penicillin.
- And not only dissolve the crystals, but also help raise the solubility of uric acid itself, and, maximise body fluids volume.
- This really helps to excrete uric acid more effectively out of your body, thus helping to lower your overall uric acid levels.
Note: The seeds are a diuretic so avoid this remedy if you are pregnant or have any kidney problems whatsoever.
- Zhang also said that eating more than 2 servings does not provide more protection than that associated with eating 2 servings of cherries.
- For individuals who tried to take more than 2 servings, the benefit was just the same as with eating 2 servings only.
Acute Gouty Attacks Occur in Much the Same Manner
Most acute gouty assaults occur in the late hours of the night. As we sleep, our bodies tend to focus on the primary metabolic functions such as digestion, breathing, etc. The extremities, such as the feet tend to cool as a result of this 'lack of attention'. As they cool, as well as if the dissolved amount of uric acid is high sufficient, the result is an acute gouty attack. Pain results from the crystals that form within a joint. Range of motion of the joint results in severe pain and inflammation.
- Vitamin B Complex B complex is yet another successful natural gout remedy that a lot of people don't know about.
- It works by converting uric acid into a variety of otherwise harmless components.
Here's the Way to Dissolve Your Gout Crystals Using Baking Soda..
Thoroughly mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in a large glass of water. Drink 1 glass before bedtime, a glass in the morning, and a glass every 2 - 4 hours in between meals. Follow this particular routine daily until your gout symptoms abate.
The Gout Treatment Report To stop this happening to you, please now go to the Gout Remedy Report where you'll also getthe facts ona devastatingly simple 2 hour remedy. Just click here.
- Suggested doses are usually 1 to 3 x 50mg complete B complex each day.
- But check with your doctor to make sure this is okay for you.
Now there are many natural ways to help do this, but your diet -- bear in mind purines in food above? -- and other things like your lifestyle, weight, family history, etc. must all be addressed as well, if you are to prevent further gout attacks using inherent dangers.
- Ensure that the vinegar you useis the natural, un-distilled, unpasteurized vinegar with the sediment (mother) in the bottom.
- Hot and Cold Compresses
- Used topically, it can help to reduce inflammation and soreness. 1/2 cup vinegar in 3 cups of hot water.
- Soak affected area (most probably the foot) for around 30 minutes.
Uric Acid is Measured in the Serum (Liquid) Component of Our Blood
Normal levels for men are a smaller amount that 7mg/dl of serum and slightly less for most women. This level tends to rise in women following menopause. The vast majority of gout patients tend to be men.
- Symptoms: The symptoms of gout usually show up at night and come on like a freight train.
- The weight of the bed sheets is often intolerable.
- One joint or several may be involved.
- The most common site is the very first metatarsal phalangeal joint (big toe joint).
- This is described as crushing and excruciating.
- Attacks tend to last several days.
The study itself is a confirmation of the number of years belief that cherries help to keep inflammatory conditions in check.
- Thus, eating the right kinds of food, especially the consumption of 1 cup of cherries regularly, helps in keeping gout attacks at bay.
- The study proves that cherries are among the best natural gout treatments designed for gout patients.
- But you do need to prevent your uric acid rising again and causing you to have repeated gout attacks.
- You need to do this because of the dangers of permanently damaged joints and kidney problems associated with long term recurring gout.
One of the reasons why cherries are usually such a good gout treatment is because it has high levels of antioxidants and anthocyanins, which are both beneficial to the body. Anthocyanins are antioxidant flavonoids that help in protecting the body system from damage. It is also one of the components of cherries that made the fruit extremely beneficial for patients with inflammatory diseases such as gout.
About the author:Jeffrey A. Oster, DPM, C.Ped is a board certified foot and ankle surgeon. Dr. Oster is also board certified in pedorthics. Dr. Oster is medical director of Myfootshop.com and is in active practice in Granville, Ohio.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.