Understanding Gout and How to prevent Recurring Gout Attacks Ruining Your Health
Order to prevent gout you really need to understand gout. Here is a simple explanation of what it is and how you can stop recurring gout quite naturally, without resorting to drug-based medications, with their nasty side effects...
Understanding Gout Causes
The symptoms of gout are caused by urate crystals that have formed over time in your joints and associated tissue. So where do these types of uric acid come from? These are created when you have higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your bloodstream. This condition is called 'hyperuricemia.'
- Okay, so where does the uric acid come from then?
- Uric acid is found naturally in all of us and is actually a byproduct of our body's own metabolization process.
- Our kidneys normally process the excess uric acid and flushes it from the body via urine.
- Sometimes though, our kidneys aren't working to their fullest extent so that you end up with an excess of uric acid.
- In other cases, your system is actually producing a lot of uric acid for your kidneys to deal with, even working with 100% efficiency.
- Either way you can end up with high acid levels in the bloodstream, eventually leading to gout assaults.
Understanding Gout Treatment
So, how can you get rid of gout? Well, you can go the well known route which is to take anti-inflammatory drugs for the pain and irritation, plus, drugs to lessen the uric acid if so prescribed by your doctor. These can work for a few people, but others find that their nasty side effects tend to be as bad as, or worse than, the pain of their gout.
But, Apart from that, Drug-Based Treatment Only Works Whilst Being Taken
Once stopped, there is nothing to prevent recurring gout, unless you address the main issues that can help trigger the conditions that give rise to high uric acid and thus gout attacks.
Understanding the Underlying Issues
Typical issues that these drugs don't deal with are things such as; diet, weight, way of life issues, hypertension, lack of fluids, etc. These, and more, can all assist trigger gout attacks. Take eating habits for example...
Food includes normal chemical compounds known as 'purines.' These also occur in our bodies and kind a very important part of the metabolizing process. But as they breakdown in the course of this process, they produce uric acid. So if you eat foods that are high in purines, the chance of gout is much greater.
How To Treat Gout Naturally & Prevent Gout Attacks
Here is a natural gout remedy I recommend: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-... Today I want to talk about a condition that affects 8.3 million Americans.
Understanding Natural Gout Remedies
One of the most important things to do is to avoid high purine foods. Typical foods to avoid are such things as red meat, game, organ meat, poultry, fish, legumes, etc. Typical food you can eat are items like; green leafy vegetables, fruit, foods high in vitamin C, essential fatty acids, complex carbohydrates, and so on. And drink plenty of water in order to stay hydrated.
- And there are lots of other natural ways to treat gout symptoms.
- For example you can use herbs, specific fruits, natural supplements, homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, acupressure, and so on.
- There are just too many to be able to go into here.
But it is very important to address the underlying issues, because recurring gout attacks could eventually lead to permanent joint injury as well as kidney problems, such as excruciating kidney stones...
So next, to complete your understanding of gout so that you can prevent further attacks, please now go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com where included in the package discover a remarkably simple 2 hour gout remedy.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.