Owner'S Guide to Gout In Iguanas
Gout in iguanas is a condition that causes painful, swollen feet. It affects the joints and can lead to severe arthritic symptoms. You may be wondering what could cause such a condition.
Most iguanas suffer from this disease because they have been fed too much animal protein. These lizards can't digest animal protein very well. Uric acid, a byproduct of protein digestion, will eventually start to become stuck in the tissue of the joints leading to gout.
Although an Improper Diet is by Far the Most Common Cause, It is Not the Only One
Iguanas that experience frequent dehydration will also be particularly susceptible to this condition. This is usually caused by lack of clean water on a daily basis. Kidney damage resulting from various conditions can also cause gout.
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains all natural botanical ingredients formulated to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, help reducing high uric acid levels. Lowering uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been proven to eliminate the flare-ups related to gout.
More Details about This Product »
Signs and symptoms of high uric acid, high uric acid symptoms
Watch signs and symptoms of high uric acid. Most common high uric symptoms are Gout, Kidney Stones, Kidney Failure, pain in feet and joints caused by uric ...
- As mentioned at the beginning of this article, the key symptom of this disease is swollen, painful joints.
- Although tissue in the feet are usually affected, other areas such as the eyes may also become swollen.
- Many iguanas suffering from gout also experience lethargy or perhaps inactivity.
- Their scales and skin will also look unhealthy.
The first order of treatment is to be able to administer anti-inflammatory drugs and corticosteroids. This will help reduce pain associated with arthritis attacks. In some cases, your iguana could even need surgery. Since incorrect care is usually the underlying cause of gout in iguanas, changes in care will also need to be implemented.
Gout is an incurable situation, so it's best to prevent it in the first place. This implies making sure that you don't feed your iguana too much animal protein. You will also need to provide fresh, clean water daily.
- There are many things all owners must eventually learn.
- If you want to learn how to take care of iguanas, then make sure you stop by green-iguana-care.com today.
- Come learn about a wide variety of topics just like common iguana diseases.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.