Olive Leaf Tea for Gout
Gout is a form of arthritis which really means it causes joint pain. Usually gout sufferers experience terrible pain in the big toe but other areas may be affected as well. Gout occurs because there is an accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Eventually the concentration of uric acid is so great that crystals form and so are transferred in the joints. Perhaps more alarmingly the actual crystals can also build up in the major organs of the body. So, if this of gout is felt it needs to be dealt with. All those crystals need to be eradicated before they can cause any organ damage.
Gout is a Serious Problem and Medical Attention Should be Sought (and Indeed Followed)
But there are ways to help the medics. Some herbal remedies regarding gout could be very effective in speeding along recovery. If you are taking medication its a good idea to let your physician know about any herbal solutions you take too.
- Since gout will be a build up of uric acid it would seem appropriate to be able to find a way to reduce uric acid in the blood.
- One effective way is to promote urine production.
- When our bodies are in balance urine takes uric acid out of your body naturally.
- Therefore we produce more urine and indeed urinate more often we should be able to get rid of several excess uric acid.
- Makes sense doesn't it?
- Firstly drinking plenty of water is crucial.
- A body which can be dehydrated will not function properly and will not be able to flush the uric acid from the blood efficiently.
Increasing Urine Production by Taking Some Form of Diuretic is Also a Good Idea
Olive leaf has been taken as a diuretic since Biblical times so this is one leaf worth considering for those who have gout. In 1993 a study In Japan concluded that drinking four cups of olive leaf tea a day for three weeks could increase urine production by up to 15%. Increased urine creation cuts down on the concentration of uric acid within the blood which is the thing you really want to do when you have gout!
List of Foods to avoid With Gout Your gout and the foods you eat are related. Here, you will find a simple list of foods in order to avoid with gout to assist you lower uric acid levels and stop gout.Just exactly how are your gout and the food you eat related? To begin with,...
There will be much more work that needs to be done on the possible benefits of olive leaf tea, but so far, all indications are very positive. There have been no major unwanted effects reported either which is great news. Though, since olive leaf has also been found to lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels it should be taken under medical supervision by those with low blood pressure and diabetes sufferers.
Gout and Pseudogout, Joint Pain- Everything You Need To Know- Dr. Nabil Ebraheim
Educational video describing the condition of gout and pseudogout. Become a friend on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drebraheim Follow me on twitter: ...
- Gout often runs in families so if you think you are at risk of suffering from gout, taking olive leaf tea or olive leaf extract might be a good idea.
- That way you may well stay away from this painful ailment.
- Taking the olive leaf in tea form seems probably the most sensible option as that way you also keep hydrated which is very important.
- The author is researching more olive leaf benefits as well as every aspect of the olive fruit.
- See our website All That's Olive.