Knockout Knee Pain
You may first feel it when attempting to bend down to pick a fallen item or it could be you experience it as morning stiffness that you feel when you first get up out of bed. But whenever it hits you knee pain will undoubtedly get your attention.
The Good News about Knee Pain is that It Responds Well to Self Care Measures.
There are a number of things that can put you at risk for knee discomfort. Some of them are:
- Overweight: If you weigh more than you should, you put more stress and pressure on your knee joints.
- As time passes this kind of excess pressure can cause pain.
- Overuse: An inflammatory response can occur when a repetitive activity, causes a muscle to have fatigued.
- This inflammatory response can damage surrounding tissue.
- This can be further compounded when you don't give the knee plenty of time to fully recover thereby making it vulnerable to re-injury.
- Lack of muscle strength: Experts site lack of strength and flexibility as the leading cause of knee injury and pain.
- Weak or tight muscles offer less support for the knee joint.
Mechanical problems: Having misaligned knees, one leg that is shorter than the other or other architectural abnormalities may contribute to knee pain.
Previous injury: If you have previously hurt your own leg odds go up that you will injure it again. Possibly because the knee was not given enough time to properly heal or because the leg doesn't go back to the problem it was in prior to the injuries.
- Age: Some knee related conditions have an effect on young people more often than old, for instance Osgood-Schlatter disease or patellar tendonitis.
- Other conditions such as gout and osteoarthritis are likely to occur in older people.
An injury to the knee can impact some of the structures, tendonsOr bursa (fluid filled sacs of the knee)or a combination of these areas of the knee.
Some of the Most Common Causes of Leg Pain are:
Bursitis - An inflammation that comes from pressure on the knee. The pressure may be from repeated overuse, kneeling for long periods of time or other injuries.
- Tendonitis - Pain that occurs in the front of the knee.
- That usually gets worse when going up and down stairs.
- This is a common injury of skiers, sportsmen and cyclists.
How To Quickly Remove Uric Acid Crystallization From Your Body To Prevent Gout And Joint Pain
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL AND SHARE VIDEOS WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS Visit us: http://www.greatlifeandmore.com/ Follow us on FaceBook: ...
Torn ligaments or cartilage - This injury can cause severe pain and lack of stability of the knee joint.
Strain or Sprain - A minor injury to the ligaments cause by sudden or unnatural twisting.
Hip Disorders - May Cause You to Feel Pain in the Knee Area.
Osteoarthritis - a condition affecting the joints characterized by soreness and stiffness.
Gout - A metabolic disorder due to an accumulation of uric acid in the joints.
- As mentioned previously knee pain responds well to be able to self care.
- Some of the things that you can do if you experience knee pain are:
Apply ice 15 minutes at a time, initially after which about 4times a day after that until the pain subsides.
Rest and Avoid the Actions in Which Contributed to the Initial Injury
Elevate your leg to bring down the swelling.
Over the Counter Medications can Provide Pain Relieve from Pain.
Sleep with a pillow underneath the affected knee.
Gentle compression, such as by having an Ace bandage may reduce swelling and provide support
Is not always possible to prevent knee pain but there are some things that you can do to minimize the likelihood that knee problems will occur.
- Keep off excess weight.
- Maintaining a healthy weight will keep the knees from having to support more than they were designed to support.
- Stay flexible.
- Weak muscles make you much more at risk of injuries of the legs.
- So do stretching exercises, every day to maintain flexibility
Do not exercise when you have pain or you're tired. When you have chronic injuries consider switching to be able to sports or exercise that put less stress on your joints. For instance swimming instead of basketball.
- Get good fitting shoes.
- When shoes fit inadequately we may compensate in the legs and hips, causing them to be misaligned and which makes them prone to injury.
Proper supplements: There are supplements that can help the body keep the ligaments and joints lubricated, and actually help rebuild cartilage.
- Like Phosoplex' is often a supplement that is recommended for osteoarthritis and joint pain.
- It is a powerful, all natural and safe solution for joint lubrication, pain relief and the rebuilding of healthy cartilage.
You follow the above suggestions you will go a long way to knockout knee pain before it begins.
About the author:Stephanie McIntyre as well as Kamau Austin tend to be health and fitness enthusiasts and also advocates. They write on a regular basis on amazing health and fitness tips at the Fit After Forty Weblog. Notice more useful health and fitness news and tips at...http://www.healthandfitnessvitality.com/blogs/fitnessblog.htm.