How Custom Orthotics Helps in Gout Pain
Could improper footwear be contributing to increased pain in gout patients? Gout causes severe pain and swelling in the joints with the majority of cases affecting the feet. Unfortunately this inflammation can lead to misshapen joints making it difficult to find shoes that feel good. Often gout patients will resort to sandals, flip-flops, moccasins and ill fitting sneakers in an attempt to find comfort. These poor footwear choices may actually cause an increase in gout pain as they lack good support and stability. A recent study from the University of Oxford in Auckland, New Zealand found that gout patients who chose these types of footwear experienced moderate to severe foot pain, disadvantages and disability compared with those who made good footwear alternatives.
- More than half of the patients in the study wore footwear that was 12 months or older and showed excessive wear patterns.
- Choosing better footwear can make a difference in gout pain.
- Colcrys prescription can also help by blocking swelling as well as relieving a gout attack, usually within 12-24 hours.
- Combine this with a trip to the shoe store and you may be walking without pain before you know it.
- Who Should Use Custom Orthotics?
- Custom orthotics are a great way to customize your shoes without needing to purchase a new pair.
They are fantastic for the following: Everyday walking or around-the-house use Desk or office jobs with minimal walking Jobs that require a lot of walking Fitness performance Unfortunately, out of the box inserts may be insufficient for people who have lifts in their shoes, regarding those that have suffered some forms of spinal cord or back injuries or have other severe physical issues. Customized suit orthotics are a valuable progression in the field of shoe technology and manufacturing. We use our feet on a daily basis, and it pays to do all we can to enhance their health and performance.
Gout Diet Dos & Don'ts
All roads lead to your gut when it comes to gout. A painful form of arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid. Diet is a common cause- the big toe is a common ...