Cause of Gout May also Predict Heart Failure
Timothy Spaulding, a Top Health Blogger for the Arthritis Community on Wellsphere and author of the Current Arthritis News and Research Blog explains in the recent article.
- Spaulding explains that uric acid naturally takes place in the body as a byproduct of many different food.
- High levels are best known as a cause of gout.
According to Dr. Krishnan, the "study shows that high levels of uric acid significantly increase your risk of developing heart failure later on in life."
- The good news is that the test for calculating this is very cheap and easily available.
- In fact, a simple $2-blood test may allow doctors to determine whether a patient is at risk of developing heart failure between their future.
Arthritic diets and natural healing There is a great deal of debate in the medical world about the effects of overall diet on arthritis and using diet toward alleviating the condition. Physicians have known for a long time that diet affects gout, a specific type of arthritic...
Home Remedies to Treat Gout at Home Reduce Uric Acid Naturally
Gout is a painful form of arthritis. When the level of uric acid increases in blood, it results in the build-up of uric acid crystals around or in the joint, leading to ...
Dr. Krishnan analyzed data obtained from the national Heart, Lung and Blood Institute participants of the Framingham Offspring cohort study. That study began in 1971 as well as the participants had been followed for cardiovascular events for 25 years.
- There were 4,989 participants in the Framingham Offspring study, and of those, 4,912 were eligible for Dr.
- Krishnan's examine.
- There was 196 cases of heart failure recorded.
After adjusting for a long list of variables including smoking, weight, alcohol use, diabetes, kidney problems and use of anti-hypertensive medicines, Dr. Krishnan found the occurrence of heart failure was significantly higher among those with high uric acid levels.
- So if you suffer from Gout make sure to talk to your doctor about your risk for heart problems.
- Also check out Flexcin the all-natural Joint Pain Supplement.
- The primary component of Flexcin is CM8 which relieves joint pain at its source, reduces swelling and irritation of the joints and tissues.
- It has been ideal for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sports injuries and fibromyalgia syndrome.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.