Acute Gout Treatment Guidelines - How to handle an acute Gout Attack
As soon as you see and feel the first signs of an acute gout attack you need to start treatment right away. This is important, because the quicker remedy commences, the minus the attack's strength is going to be and the shorter its duration.
- And, just as a reminder, the symptoms of acute gout are redness, swelling, inflammation, stiffness, hot in order to touch, and simply awful pain.
- This happens mostly in the big toe joint but tend to be in and around any joint.
So now let's look at your acute gout treatment guidelines...
- Now, normally I would not recommend this, but, you might want to first take a painkiller to help with the initial painful signs.
- But, if you feel you can do without it, next that's great because we want to handle this naturally, without drugs, if possible.
- The first thing to do is to apply hot and cold compresses to the affected area.
- Use hot for 3 moments. after that cold for 30 secs.
- Repeat as necessary.
- This will help to alleviate pain and increase circulation.
Drink At Least 3 Litres of Water a Day
This is to aid the kidneys do their job of running and excreting uric acid from your body. But even after the gout attack symptoms have abated, you need to be drinking this particular amount of water every day for your general health.
- Do not, I repeat do not, drink any alcohol whatsoever as this is one of the most potent causes of gout.
- Continuing with this as soon as it has triggered an acute attack is just plain silly.
Some substitute gout treatment and medicine guidelines Substitute gout treatment and medicine is becoming very famous as gout patients turn to other. Some gout patients thinking to use this medication instead of their normal and standard drug centered gout treatments. Before using alternative treatment,...
Eat about 40 Cherries Every 4 Hours
Now to Your Diet
If you have been eating high-purine foods such as fatty red meat, organ meat, game, poultry, seafood, and so on., then you need to stop. However, do not stop suddenly and change your diet plan all at once, as your gout will get even more acute. Thus start to modify your diet more slowly.
You need to consume more vegetables (except cauliflower, asparagus, spinach and mushrooms, which have moderately high amounts of purines), low-fat dairy generate, complex carbohydrates such as pasta and rice, high vitamin C foods (e.g. potatoes, red cabbage, red bell peppers, oranges, etc.), and essential fatty acids, e.g. flaxseed and nuts, and so forth.
The above guidelines can certainly be an effective acute gout cure, particularly when begun as soon as the symptoms present themselves.
But there are lots of other natural gout treatment options out there. And, once the attack offers abated, how do you prevent it returning time and time again and perhaps causing permanent joint damage and other serious health issues?
How to Reduce High Uric Acid Levels in the Blood Naturally in Simple Steps
How to Reduce High Uric Acid Levels in the Blood Naturally in Simple Steps. Here you'll discover how to lower uric acid levels totally naturally without having to ...
You wish, you can get even more info. on acute gout treatment, by visiting http://www.thegoutsite.com.
Domenic is a head content marketing specialist at musclenstress.com, a collection of articles on health issues. In the past, Domenic worked as a post curator for a well-known health site. When he's not writing posts, Domenic enjoys drawing and rock climbing.